The following services are offered to eligible Calhoun County residents:
- Coordination with a physician, pharmacy, community agency or caregiver
- Monitoring, set up and education of prescribed medications
- Short-term administration of Injections
- Teaching and nursing Interventions
- Team collaborative approach with services
- Maintain stability of current illness at highest level possible
- Physical, emotional, and home safety assessments
- Referral to other community agencies as needed
- Provided in-home or at the Public Health office if able to self-transport
Who is eligible? Persons with a stable, chronic condition who:
- Require nursing visits approximately 1 to 2 times a month. An example may be for supervision of or setting up medications
- Meet financial guidelines and follow a sliding fee scale or qualify for a grant
- Do not require skilled home health services paid for by health insurance
- Must live in Calhoun County
What is the fee?
- A sliding fee scale based on the client's household income is used to determine the fee for service.
- Services may be fully or partially funded through grants from Iowa Department of Public Health and Elderbridge Agency on Aging.
Or call the public health office at 712-297-8323