With the recent increase in Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Calhoun County and throughout the State of Iowa, the Calhoun County Board of Supervisors will continue implementing temporary safety measures in accordance with the Governor’s Proclamation involving Physical Distancing and Building Capacity guidelines.
The Calhoun County Board of Supervisors have decided to continue with a soft open of the Calhoun County Courthouse through July 31, 2020.
County departments will be open by appointments only during regular business hours from 8:30 am through 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Please use the south entrance to the Courthouse when entering for your appointment.
The Treasurer’s Office is accepting in Courthouse appointments for Driver License only. Property taxes, vehicle registrations and renewals, should be done online, by mail, drop off box located near the south entrance of the courthouse or curbside assistance. Call the Treasurer’s office at (712) 297-7111 to schedule your appointment or request curbside assistance.
The Clerk of Court office remains open to the public. For assistance with the Clerk of Court please call (712) 297-8122
During this time, additional steps will be taken:
- Doors are locked – Conduct business by appointment only.
- Drop Box use and electronic means (email, fax, online, phone) is encouraged by all offices.
- Calls are received and screened to determine the service needed.
- Upon arrival, customers will call the respective office to be admitted.
- Use of Masks will be required upon entry to any building.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available for use in every office.
- Customers must leave when their business is complete.
The Calhoun County Board of Supervisors appreciate everyone’s cooperation and understanding throughout this epidemic and being patient as we begin to move forward to full opening of County operations. These conditions will be reviewed weekly.