The following services are offered to eligible Calhoun County residents:
· Coordination with a physician, pharmacy, community agency or caregiver
· Monitoring, set up and education of prescribed medications
· Short-term administration of Injections
· Teaching and nursing Interventions
· Team collaborative approach with services
· Maintain stability of current illness at highest level possible
· Physical, emotional, and home safety assessments
· Referral to other community agencies as needed
· Provided in-home or at the Public Health office if able to self-transport
Who is eligible?
Persons with a stable, chronic condition who:
· Require nursing visits approximately 1 to 2 times a month. An example may be for supervision of or setting up medications
· Meet financial guidelines and follow a sliding fee scale or qualify for a grant
· Do not require skilled home health services paid for by health insurance
· Must live in Calhoun County
What is the fee?
A sliding fee scale based on the client's household income is used to determine the fee for service.
Services may be fully or partially funded through grants from Iowa Department of Public Health and Elderbridge Agency on Aging.
Barb Riley – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristy Vogel – email@example.com
Deb Gimer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website at www.calcopublichealth.com
Or call the public health office at 712-297-8323
A-Z Public Health Directory