WHAT IS THE CARING HANDS CLOSET?
Early prenatal care, well-child exams, and healthy habits are all important factors for a healthy baby. The Closet seeks to improve the health of pregnant women, their babies and families by providing:
- An incentive to begin early prenatal care, well-child exams, and healthy behaviors.
- An opportunity for a family to participate in educational programs.
- Information and referrals to available community resources.
- Opportunity to shop at Closet using earned points.
The Closet is a community-based initiative to improve the health of pregnant women and their children by encouraging early prenatal care, well-child exams, and healthy behaviors.
CARING HANDS CLOSET STORE
- The Closet is stocked entirely by donations.
- The Closet only accepts new items.
- Each item is pre-marked with how many points it “costs”
- Merchandise changes and varies frequently. Items will not be saved for individuals. What you see is what you get.
HOW IS THE CARING HANDS CLOSET PROGRAM FUNDED?
We are a non-profit program.
The Closet is funded by:
- Donations from Individual Members in the Community
- Donations from Area Businesses
- Donations from Area Organizations
- Grant Monies Received
"Thank you" for supporting our program.
Coming Events at Caring Hands Closet:
Fall Fling October 23, 2014 4-7 pm at SMCH. There will be educational booths, carriage rides, crafts, face painting, snacks and free blood pressure checks and flu shots!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Unless noted classes will be held in the lower level conference center at Stewart Memorial Hospital. With social time at 6:00 pm and classes starting at 6:30 pm. Come and enjoy socializing with other parents, while your child is cared for free of charge at our childcare center.
Caring Hands Closet will be open after each educational session.
Daycare is limited to 14 spots. All children must be pre-registered by contacting CCPH at 297-8323.
Any changes or cancellations will be posted on the Stewart Memorial Hospital Website and local radio stations KTLB and KCIM.
For more information contact Barb Riley.